Use of SHOT resources:
Why do we need to ask SHOT for permission to use the data ?
- The SHOT database and outputs from it are the property of SHOT
- There have been examples where people have altered and circulated SHOT figures, data and other resources, to the extent that they may be inaccurate while still carrying SHOT branding
- There have been examples where people have used data published in the report to produce derivative analysis of specialist areas of transfusion, without access to the raw data and the expertise of the SHOT chapter-writers
- SHOT needs to keep a track of where the data is being used, to ensure it is appropriate and accurate
- It is also very helpful to keep a register of where and how more formal educational activity is taking place
So we can’t use SHOT data now ?
- There is a statement on the Resources section of the SHOT website regarding use of SHOT material:
“The downloadable documents are the property of SHOT and have SHOT copyright. They must therefore NOT BE MODIFIED without permission”
So what do we need to ask permission for ?
- If SHOT data, charts and figures are being used in local training presentations then it is acceptable to use them without asking formal permission.
- If SHOT material is being used for papers, in book chapters or for wider circulation then formal permission must be obtained from the SHOT Medical Director.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the SHOT office for further information.
SHOT office team 14.12.2012
The downloadable documents are the property of SHOT and have SHOT copyright. They must therefore NOT BE MODIFIED without permission.
The anti-D checklist may need modification to suit local policies. Please apply to the SHOT office detailing the changes that you require, including Trust name and a copy of your Trust logo. A revised version will be agreed with you and provided as a pdf, including a SHOT version number, and a copy retained by SHOT.